Thursday, July 12, 2007

And the first contestant is...

Well, it has been a while since I have been able to post anything, but the good news is that this post even includes pictures! Yay!!!

With Desert Wars rapidly approaching, I am going to be cranking out the last few buildings that I need to finish Jamboville over the next few days. Tomorrow I am going to set up the town again and get some more current pictures posted, but for now I wanted to start introducing my homemade entrants for the first ever Bongolesian Gran Prix!

The first entrant is affectionately known as Hot Shot, shown here on a portion of the ill-fated and never completed Bongolesia Expressway.Drawing inspiration from my bygone days of Cars Wars, Hot Shot is based on a Maisto die cast of a 2003 Chevrolet SS Concept car. The first thing that I needed to do was make it so that I could mount the machine guns in the headlights, so I used a 1/16" drill bit to make an indentation on the inside corner of each headlight. For the actual barrels, I had been thinking about using either brass rod or part of a paper clip, but I finally settled on chopping a couple of small lengths from the hand rail from an old 40k Rhino that I had in my bits box.

Once this was done, my daughter and I gave the car a base coat of black and then I added the flames, head and taillights, and the metal trim. And voila! I still need to give it a coat of sealer to protect the paint job, but I have to say that I am very happy with the outcome.

Tomorrow, I will post a pic and a quick how-to about my next homemade technical, Killer Kart.

No comments: